Did you know a personal injury settlement for a minor has to be court approved and kept in a conservatorship until the minor is 18 years of age. No insurance company will pay without Court approval. A Petition is necessary and the person to serve as a conservator needs to take a class on line(watch a video) about the duties and responsibilities. Failing to account for the minor’s funds would be a significant problem of the conservator. If you have a minor child who has been injured and you are offered a settlement, remember the court must approve it. We at West, Longenbaugh ,Spanier and Zickerman can help you in this situation.
- Settling a Minor’s case
- Medicare, Medicaid, AHCCCS and ERISA plans when you have been in a collision.
- Accidents and the Statute of limitations – How long can I wait to bring a law suit?
- Adjustment of Status for Immediate Relative of US Citizens
- Alien Status Differences Explained
- Possible Defenses Against I-9 Violations
- Form I-9 and Its Violations
- Can a parent or guardian designate a person to provide for the care, custody and property of a minor child?
- Your Home Loan and Default Judgments
- What To Do If You Are In A Car Accident