Se Habla Espanol

Did you know a personal injury settlement for a minor has to be court approved and kept in a conservatorship until the minor is 18 years of age.  No insurance company will pay without Court approval. A Petition is necessary and the person to serve as a conservator needs to  take a class on line(watch a video) about the duties and responsibilities.  Failing to account for the minor’s funds would be a significant problem of the conservator.  If you have a minor child who has been injured and you are offered a settlement, remember the court must approve it. We at West, Longenbaugh ,Spanier and Zickerman can help you in this situation.