Se Habla Espanol

In Arizona, the parent or guardian may delegate to another person any or all powers regarding the care, custody and property of a minor child, except the power to consent to marriage or adoption, for a period not exceeding six months.  A.R.S. §14-5104. If the parent or guardian is on active duty in the army, navy, air force or marines, or is a member of the reserves or national guard engaged in the performance of official duties or functions, the delegation of powers cannot exceed one year.  A.R.S §14-5107.

In either circumstance, this parental or guardian delegation of authority is accomplished by a written power of attorney specifying the powers delegated.  It must be properly signed by the parent or guardian and must comply with all other legal requirements of a power of attorney.  The assistance of a qualified and licensed attorney in preparation of the power of attorney document is strongly recommended.

We at West, Longenbaugh & Zickerman, P.L.L.C. can provide you the legal assistance and advice to prepare a valid power of attorney regarding your minor child or children.  Call us at 520-790-7337.