West, Longenbaugh and Zickerman P.L.L.C.
We Can Help You 520-790-7337 Se Habla Español

Designating Care Provider for Children

Named One of the Best Divorce Law Firms in
Tucson by Kgun9
View All Legal Services »

Can a parent or guardian designate a person to provide for the care, custody and property of a minor child?

In Arizona, the parent or guardian may delegate to another person any or all powers regarding the care, custody and property of a minor child, except the power to consent to marriage or adoption, for a period not exceeding six months. If the parent or guardian is on active duty in the army, navy, air force or marines, or is a member of the reserves or national guard engaged in the performance of official duties or functions, the delegation of powers cannot exceed one year.

In either circumstance, this parental or guardian delegation of authority is accomplished by a written power of attorney specifying the powers delegated. It must be properly signed by the parent or guardian and must comply with all other legal requirements of a power of attorney. The assistance of a qualified and licensed attorney in preparation of the power of attorney document is strongly recommended.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Let’s Begin Solving Your Legal Problem

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Us Today »
West, Longenbaugh and Zickerman P.L.L.C.

310 S. Williams Blvd
Suite 250
Tucson, AZ 85711

Phone: 520-518-3781
Fax: 520-748-0852
Tucson Law Office Map

  • BirdEye Best Lawyers 2019